Apple & Oat Protein Breakkie Bars
Minutes to prepare: 15
Minutes to cook: 40-50
- 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 2 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds, sliced or slivered
- 1 scoop Vanilla protein powder
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp. all-spice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 apple, diced
- 2 cups of water
- 1 egg or substitute egg whites
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt (substitution option: pumpkin)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Prepare your pan, with the littlest bit of coconut oil, or feel free to use olive oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix your dry ingredients (oats, chia seeds, flax, sunflower seeds, almonds, spices and 1/2 diced apple). In another bowl, combine your wet ingredients (water, egg, vanilla and yoghurt or pumpkin if you so choose) and whisk until well combined.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together, pour into your non-stick pan. Use the other half of the apple, by slicing into thin slices to top your oatmeal pie. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the pie is well baked. Let slice cool before cutting into desired bar size.