Yin Yang Exercise
What is Yin Yang?
Yin Yang is the ideal class for those who want a bit of everything from their yoga. We created it especially for those who want to feel the benefits of a range of different styles of yoga and fitness activities combines in one fun class. Yin Yang provides flowing movement, intense cardio and relaxation.
The class is structured into three parts:
- We begin with dynamic yoga sequences. The teacher guides you to flow from one posture to the next. This gently works the muscles to warm the body while opening it with dynamic stretches.
- Then we move up a gear, amplifying the intensity with an energetic 15 minute High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workout. This really gets your blood pumping and burns off some energy.
- Finally, we gently bring your heart rate back down, to end the class feeling seriously chilled out and relaxed with some deep stretches. You are left feeling relaxed and restored.
What are the benefits of Yin Yang?
Each section of this class is specially designed to ensure it brings you a fantastic range of physical and mental benefits. Not a minute of this carefully structured class is wasted.
The first section uses your own body weight and dynamic stretches to bring you all the benefits of a Power Yoga or a Vinyasa Power class. It strengthens the muscles, and uses the dynamic stretches to increase flexibility and mobility.
It also prepares you for the HIIT training on a number of levels:
- Mentally – the flowing sequence which builds in intensity is the ideal preparation for what is to come next. This time allows you to fully come into mindful awareness of your body.
- Physically – it lubricates the joints and warms the muscles, ensuring you are ready to do HIIT training without risking injury.
High Intensity Interval Training or HIIT is designed to put your body into fat burning mode. It raises your heart rate and give you a great cardiovascular workout. This in turn increases your metabolism for anything up to 48 hours afterwards. It is one of the most time-efficient and effective ways to train, and will give your fitness a massive boost. The endorphin hit of such intense aerobic exercise will also leave you feeling blissed out afterwards.
Finally, you take advantage of the warmth of your muscles after the HIIT training to do some delicious stretching yoga. These stretches are slower and deeper, more yin in nature than the stretches of the beginning of the class. They allow your body to really release over time into the postures.
This is fantastic for:
- Counteracting any tightening or contracting effects of the aerobic HIIT training,
- Easing any any potential muscle tightness that you might otherwise experience after the class.
- Ensuring your full range of motion is restored and even increased, and will help to ease class.
- Giving your body chance to begin to rest and restore itself.
- Allowing your mind to unwind and settle at the end of the class, preparing you to leave feeling physically and mentally relaxed and free.
This whole class will leave you feeling perfectly balanced – have had chance to both burn off some energy and to rest and recuperate. It’s the ideal combination.